Have you received a Court Attendance Notice? Do you need to appear in Court? Appearing at Court without a Lawyer can be a daunting experience. Here are some tips to help you if you choose to represent yourself.
- Make sure you arrive early
- Make sure you have your paperwork with you
- Ensure that you have references ready for the Magistrate and Police Prosecutor to read
- Always address the Magistrate as “Your Honour”
- Be prepared to participate in an interview so a pre-sentence report can be prepared to help the Magistrate decide what sentence options are most suitable to your situation, eg. a custodial sentence, a fine or something else
If you choose to engage a lawyer, we would be happy to assist. We regularly appear for clients who have been charged with driving offences and offences relating to violence and drugs.
Call us today on 1300 444 LAW to book an appointment.